UC Davis has been named “Tree Campus USA” for the seventh year in a row by the Arbor Day Foundation!
The Tree Campus USA program recognizes college and university campuses that effectively manage their campus trees, develop connectivity with the community beyond campus borders to foster healthy urban forests, and strive to engage their student population utilizing service learning opportunities centered on campus, and community forestry efforts.
What does it take to be named a “Tree Campus USA”?
- Campus Tree Advisory Committee
- Campus Tree Care Plan
- Campus Tree Program with Dedicated Annual Expenditures
- Arbor Day Observance
- Service Learning Project
Congratulations to our Grounds and Landscape Services team for taking care of our trees and keeping them a priority for our campus and the environment!
1) GIFT CERTIFICATE eligibility. Everyone who joins or renews during that time period (postmarked or in person) will automatically be entered in a drawing for one of three $75 gift certificates redeemable at any Arboretum and Public Garden plant sale.
2) MORE BENEFITS than ever before. If you join at the $100+ level you’ll get free admission and/or discounts at over 700 museums, gardens and arts, cultural and historical institutions through NARM, one of the largest reciprocal admission programs in the world (narmassociation.org). LEARN MORE about other membership benefits.
3) BEST SELECTION. Get first pick from our blockbuster inventory of plants during our members-only sale on March 7.
4) DISCOUNTS at plant sales. As a member, you always get a 10% discount on Arboretum plants and merchandise, plus discounts at our regional partner nurseries.
5) FREE PROGRAMS. Your membership helps support the UC Davis Arboretum and Public Garden’s vibrant programs that are free and open to everyone…not to mention our world-class collections and demonstration gardens!
SOUNDS GOOD? WHAT NOW? Visit our Friends membership table at the spring plant sales, call or stop by the Arboretum Headquarters during business hours, or join or renew by mail (must be postmarked by 5/17 to be entered in the drawing).
Arboretum Headquarters, located at 448 La Rue Road on the UC Davis campus, are open from 8 a.m.- 5 p.m. (Closed from 12 – 1 p.m.) | Tel: 530.752.4880.
Saturday, March 7 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. members of the Friends of the UC Davis Arboretum and Public Garden are invited to shop the area’s largest selection of attractive, low-water, easy-care, region-appropriate plants at our teaching nursery before we open to the public in April. Not a member? Call ahead or join at the door. Members receive 10% off their purchases and a $10 member appreciation coupon at this sale. LEARN MORE about membership and 5 REASONS to join during our SPRING MEMBERSHIP DRIVE!
Being in the fourth year of drought, we’re focused more than ever on helping you create your “New Front Yard” with wide variety of your favorite California native plants in addition to a large selection of choices well-adapted to our Mediterranean climate including Arboretum All-Stars. Think you’ve seen it all? Think again! We’ve put together a list of “35 Low-water plants you’ve (probably) never heard of.”*
Can’t make the sale on March 7? We’re going to be open to the public from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. on Saturday, April 11, April 18, and May 16 (clearance sale).
Here are some resources to help:
1) INVENTORY: Download the inventory for our Member Appreciation Plant Sale on March 7: Adobe Acrobat .pdf | MS Excel .xlsx
2) LIST of 35 LOW-WATER Plants You’ve (Probably) NEVER HEARD OF (Adobe Acrobat .pdf)
3) 8 TIPS for a Successful Plant Sale Shopping Experience
*We are going to do our best to make sure that these all these plants are available at one of our sales either this spring or next fall. Please cross-reference our inventory to make sure we’ll have what you want and get there early for the best selection!