We are now accepting applications!
APPLICATIONS DUE SEPTEMBER 1, 2017
Download the application (MS Word .docx)
(NOTE: Did you already send an application earlier in the year? Please send it in again for the 2017-18 year.)
- The internship is about transforming the campus into a showcase of sustainable landscapes while providing students with the experience and leadership opportunities necessary to create a healthier environment and a more ecologically resilient world.
- It is a hands-on, full year internship, that meets on Wednesdays from 2-5 p.m. in the fall quarter, then we offer flexible meeting times in winter and spring.
- In the fall, interns learn essential skills about sustainable horticulture such as tree planting and pruning, garden design and installation, irrigation design and construction, path building, garden maintenance, and more!
- We will be learning about many types of landscape plants, particularly native California and/or drought-tolerant plants best suited for our Central Valley region.
- Students will have the opportunity to be a part of the design and construction of several gardens during fall, winter, and spring quarters.
We will be meeting weekly on Wednesday afternoons from 2 – 5 p.m. during the fall quarter.
(Timing will be more flexible during the winter and spring quarters. Meeting regularly as a group during the fall is essential to the activities that we will be doing in the winter and spring.)
- To apply, please fill out THIS APPLICATION and email it to: Ryan Deering at email@example.com
- Use this format for your email subject: FIRST and LAST NAME – LxL Hort Internship Application
- Applications must be received by Friday, September 1, 2017
Have a great summer and we hope you apply for our program!